Friday, March 12, 2010

Announcement - Oprah Show

For those of you that didn't see the show in October - there will be a rerun of the Oprah show my husband and I were on today at 4pm EST.   Important caveat:  I think they are showing the same show as before, but this is television, after all, so it is possible my segment won't be on it.    The show is about mothers who were involved in tragedies due to drunk driving - we were on to tell our story, shed some light on mothers who drink secret, and provide hope to Moms who are out there suffering in silence.

For my post about why we did the show, please go here.  

Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. I totally saw that show and had no idea it was you! And?? my dvr only saves new episodes for me. I hope it picks this one up.
    It was about Diane Schuler, right? [think her name is correct]. GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually figured out how to DVR so I can see this, thank you for letting me know it's on again...will be watching it tonight after work.

    g

    ReplyDelete
  3. I caught this post earlier and actually turned the tv over from PBS for the hour :)
    You are incredible! You did such a wonderful job, I'm in awe of you, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I had really wanted to see this but had to leave the house at 4:30 so didn't. I saw you months ago on this episode and took so much away from it. I really wanted to see it again. Any chance someone that recorded it could put it on you tube or is that an infringement... Anyway, well done and thank you. Bravery such that I cannot imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us know - I actually managed to DVR this although by the time I sat down to watch last night the kids were blathering and wouldn't leave me alone, so I'll have to make another attempt when they're not around - but what I did catch impressed me. You were so brave and poised to tell the story in such a public way -- I follow your blog religiously and I can't wait until your book comes out. Your writing reminds me so much of Caroline Knapp's "Drinking: A Love Story" which is one of my favorite books of all time. The work you are doing is authentic and important and helpful to so many! Thank you. :)

    And PS, I love my "Sea & Sky" necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the show last night. The stories were heart breaking. I was a drug addict for 14 years and suffered with an eating disorder and self-harm so I totally get addictions and the hold they can have on you. Stay strong ok....Sarah

    ReplyDelete