Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Announcement - Crying Out Now


I'm starting a new website called Crying Out Now (http://www.cryingoutnow.com/).    It literally went "live" today, and the formatting, etc. is a work-in-progress.   I have only put one post up (one that I posted here before) just to get things rolling.

I have been so inspired by many courageous women over the past months, who share their struggles and triumphs with addiction and recovery, some in public, some in private, and who hold each other up.   The message is getting louder:  We Are Not Alone.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:   I think the best way to combat addiction and shed a light on recovery is to open our mouths and our hearts.   Share our stories.   Comment to show support.   Learn and grow together.

So I started a place where women can share their stores of addiction and recovery - safely, anonymously (if they wish); a place where they can be heard.  

If you would like to contribute to this community - share a bit of your story, share your thoughts - I'd love to hear from you.    You do NOT need to be sober or in recovery to share.   You do NOT need to reveal who you are to share.   The only requirements are that you talk about yourself only, and that you talk about how addiction and/or recovery has impacted you.      If you are the loved one of someone struggling with addiction, or someone in recovery, I want to hear your stories, too.    From your perspective; keep it in the "I".  

You don't need to be a writer, or a blogger.   Maybe you've never uttered a word about how you feel about your drinking to anyone - that's okay.     The power of people sharing their experiences, struggles and triumphs never ceases to amaze me.

I have set up a confidential email:   cryingoutnow@gmail.com.    I really want to hear from you.    Please send me an email if you would like to submit your story.   You can send a draft submission, a list of questions, or just introduce yourself.   It's all good.

You don't have to tell me your real name, if you don't want to - set up an anonymous yahoo or hotmail account and email me from there.   

I'm interested in your truth, your story, and your voice.

We Are Not ALONE.

6 comments:

  1. This is a excellent idea! Thank you for being willing to take on this task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This couldn't have come at a more perfect time in my life. It is wonderful. You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is PERFECT. Perfect use of Internet space, perfect use of voice. Like Violence UnSilenced, only for addiction.

    Sign me up. It'll take me a little while, but I'll definitely contribute soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Maggie - I'd LOVE it if you'd contribute - whenever you're ready. I may bug you in a big, but please feel free to tell me to back off - you wouldn't be the first. :)

    Violence Unsilenced is so incredible - if we could do for addiction what VU has done for abuse I would be thrilled. Thank you for being such an inspriation for me, and so many.

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete