Monday, December 6, 2010

A Life Changing Message

I'm not a big fan of posting videos of other people talking on my blog.   I feel like it's a cop-out for doing serious writing, and I'm pretty sure very, very few people ever actually watch them anyway.

But a reader sent me this talk by Brene Brown (sorry, I don't know how to put the accent over the last "e" in her name - it's pronounced Bren-nay), and it moved me to tears.   Brene says exactly - and I mean EXACTLY - what I try to put into words on this blog, and she says it beautifully.  And concisely.

It's about twenty minutes long, so please find some quiet time, when you don't have any distractions, and watch this.   This message is life changing.   Truly.  What she talks about is how I try to live my life, and when I struggle it's only because I'm losing sight of these important fundamentals.  

Thank you, Leslie, for sending this, and for understanding how much it would mean to me.

If you can't open the video below, please click here

4 comments:

  1. I posted this a few weeks ago on FB - it's wonderful. Her book, The Gifts of Imperfection, is a beautiful, inspiring read. I'll pass it your way next time I see you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so correct, this is a great video. I'm glad you started out your post urging us to watch, because I probably would not have. :)

    I got choked up when she said the difference between the 2 groups is because the one group "believed they were worthy." I struggle with this in sobriety, so it was good for me to hear.

    Thanks for sharing, this was valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this last night, then youtubed her other speaking engagements. powerful stuff. i shared it wtih my online sobriety group. thank you for bringing this to light so we can all benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god I saved this for when I had the time to listen. This is insanely wonderful. I laughed, I cried. Man. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete