Tuesday, September 15, 2009

USA Today Article - The Secret Lives of Female Alcoholics

I was interviewed by a reporter from USA Today a few weeks ago. She wanted to ask me some questions about the role of denial and the particular challenges faced by women who struggle with addiction. The article came out today - some of you have asked to see it - and you can find it here. Many thanks to my amazing friends Paula and Kate, who agreed to be interviewed (check out Paula's blog, Killing Them Dirty) and to Damomma, whose steadfast support and friendship mean the world to me. You are all brave and strong and I am lucky to have you in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I'll give ti a read.

    Also, my sister's necklace arrived yesterday and she loves it and she said it was just in time because she'd been having a stressful day and it reminded her to take a breath and relax! Thanks so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and all the others who contributed to a much needed article.
    You will stop another tragedy, I am sure of it.
    It is really brave of you to put yourself out there in that way and here on the blog too.
    You should be proud of yourself. I know I am.

    ReplyDelete