Sunday, September 6, 2009

Some New Stuff!

I spent the summer slowly and steadily aquiring some cool new stones, pearls and crystals, and creating some new pieces of jewelry. I finally got a chance to list a few of them in my Etsy shop. I'm having a 15% off sale on all my newly listed items through September 21st! Click on a picture to see more photos in my shop. To check out all the sale items, click here.

I have fallen in love with simple wire wrapped circle pendants - circles are all the rage, and I decided to try a few styles with a contemporary twist. Here are two pieces:

Delicate light blue semi-precious quartz beads and lucious black raspberry swarovski pearls create contrasting effects in the same style pendant.


I found these gorgeous Grade AA turquoise semi-precious stone chips at a local supplier, and created these:



Left: double strands of perfect turquoise chips, both contrast and blend with a hard-to-find pale blue larimar pendant.



Right: the bright blue hues of the turquoise make the dramatic red of the coral just POP. And I'm totally in love with the sand dollar clasp.



The huge hydrangea blooms in my front yard inspired this piece:



I've been playing around with some wire wrapping techniques, including this bracelet and a Tree of Life pendant - both made entirely of wire, using no other components:



And, of course, a couple of new wire wrapped rings:

























A Memory Wire wraparound bracelet made from Chinese Turquoise Chips. Memory Wire is durable and comfortable, and fits nearly every wrist size:


Thanks for taking the time to check out some of my new pieces! I appreciate it!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stuff, but the formatting is showing up a tad wonky on my computer screen so the photos aren't lining up with the text describing them and a couple of them are getting shoved off the side of the post and under your sidebar so I can't see the picture at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Keep up the great work! You are inspiring me, too! Very, very beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reesa -

    Sorry about the formatting! I fiddled with it as best I can - but I am so not good at the technical stuff... I apologize!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. check out your inventory and your style growing! loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tree of Life pendant is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a tad better now. Biggest problem is that the sand dollar coral bracelet shoves the picture of the necklace over to the side so I can't see it. I went over to the Etsy site and looked at the new stuff there, though, so it's no big deal for me. Just figured you'd like to know ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Tree of Life pendant is stunning.

    ReplyDelete