Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Day In My Life, The Movie

I was away all day on Saturday, spending time with a good friend, taking a day off after a long school vacation week.

When I walked in the door late that afternoon the kids were beaming from ear to ear.  

"We made you something, Momma," they smiled.

They ran up to the DVD player, hit play, and settled in on the couch to watch a movie.  A movie they made.  Starring themselves.  About a Day In The Life.  Of me.

I burst out laughing as soon as I saw the first scene, where Greta tries to act exasperated and breaks out in giggles. 

I love it.

The editing is wacky (one scene repeats twice... my apologies; I've tried everything and I can't fix it). And there is something screwy with the last scene, too - there was a better ending but for some reason it won't upload.

But hey - we're not trying to win an Oscar here. 

Greta plays me.   Finn plays, well, himself.   They set out to capture a day in the life of Momma and Finn, and they did a really good job (even down to the detail of fishing through the clean pile of laundry in my laundry room to find Finn clothes in the morning).

It's long-ish - about 13 minutes, I think?   So I totally understand if you don't watch it, or don't watch it all the way through.   But if you've ever wanted a good look at my kitchen, my playroom, my beading studio or my upstairs bathroom, then this is your lucky day.....

Here's the part where I offer an excuse about the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of my house, but I won't.  Let's just say only a husband could have filmed this; I couldn't have resisted the urge to pick up first.  I will say, though, that my jewelry studio is more chaotic than usual - we're storing some furniture we're going to give away, so that explains at least part of the mess.  The rest is just life, warts and all.  

It is what is is, you know?

And so without any further caveats, I bring you A Day In The Life:

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dr. Sam has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. I really appreciate you Dr. Sam for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much, friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me I pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. Sam THANKS.

      I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr. Sam and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Sam telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man a few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am nowhere to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experienced a total transformation in my life, for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has been rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all, you can contact him. (Supremecurehome@gmail.com) Website: http://www.supremecurehome.blogspot.com
      CANCER
      EPILEPSY.
      GENPILENCIN.
      HIV AIDS.
      DIABETICS
      STROKE.
      EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
      H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
      HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS.
      HERPES.
      SYPHILIS.
      HEPATITIS A B and C.

      Email: Supremecurehome@gmail.com Or WhatsApp number +2347087462033

      Delete
  2. The ketchup thing had me cracking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "mamamamamama mamama mama mamamama mamamamama"
    "I want some toast" "you already had breakfast you are gonna miss the bus"
    "where is your other shoe?!?"

    Oh. my. gosh- my life?

    This was SO hilarious (but true... le sigh) lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I bet they had a blast filming that!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm at work so I only dared watch a minute or two but the 'mamamamamamama' and 'I have too many things to do, get it yourself!'. Oh, that is so my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have house envy. Oh, and the kids are cute, too. :)

    ReplyDelete