Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Creating Again

I wasn't a big fan of January and February this year.

Record cold and snowy days kept us all huddled inside.  Frigid winds and icy snow rendered the days useless for sledding or making snowmen, much of the time.

The cold, grey days put a damper on my jewelry making, too.   I didn't create any new pieces of jewelry for weeks.  I would sit in my studio and stare glumly at the array of metals and beads strewn about my work station.  It's as if the black and white view out my window drained the color from my creative spark, too.

The past couple of weeks brought some warmer days, and the first few daffodil buds are bravely poking their way up through the earth.   The warmer breezes and splashes of color found here and there brought my creativity roaring back.  I am so grateful.

I lost myself in bright blues, soft purples and dreamy lavenders.   My pieces this spring are all about COLOR.


Dewdrop Necklace (click to view in my Etsy shop)

I'm loving the scalloped look of hand hammered silver, and how it captures the bright sparkle of crystal, and makes a piece positively glow.






A hot new style - memory wire creates a trendy cuff-style bracelet, and one size fits all, so it makes a terrific gift.   You can further customize this piece by making it with birthstone crystal(s).   I adore this bracelet in bright blue, but it can be made in any color:


Mother's Day is coming, and so I created some new styles to honor the special mother in your life, or for a treat for yourself: 



And my new favorite necklace - an important reminder to surrender and accept life on life's terms:



I'm running a special on all my hand-stamped jewelry for the month of April; this includes most of the styles pictured above, plus much more.   To view all the pieces eligible for the special this month, please click here.

The special is available to newsletter subscribers only, so if you aren't a subscriber please click here (or go to the top right hand corner of my sidebar and enter your email) and find out how to save 20% (until the end of April) on all hand-stamped pieces.   I only send newsletters out once a month and I never, ever share your info with any third parties.

Thank you for looking.

4 comments:

  1. All of this is gorgeous! I think I'll start dropping hints for Mother's Day, my anniversary, my birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ellie - i know of a gorgeous piece of jewelry that you created recently. my mom purchased a custom necklace from you and gave it to me on my 6 month anniversary (march 12). it says gratitude and hope w/ a dangling cross.
    the necklace is stunning and i wear it proudly everyday!
    thank you for making such a beautiful necklace! i look forward to purchasing more of your jewelry!
    and countless thank yous for your honest words.. i look forward to your blog updates.
    hugs, nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting your jewellery mojo back with Spring's new bloom. Loving these new pieces. Shame I'm not in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful-ness.
    I love what you do, my friend.

    ReplyDelete