Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Let Me Get This Straight (My New Book!)

I get all my good ideas from Heather.

I just want to get that out there right up front.  She published an ebook with the best of her Just Write posts, and my brain immediately began to tick, tick, tick.

I have wanted to publish my blog posts - a best of compilation - for some time now, but I haven't been able to find an affordable format that a luddite like me could actually use to make a book.

Until now

And it's a real book.  It has a cover and everything (softcover - because I know you all love me but I know  you don't $50 love me).   It looks really cool.

There is a preview that shows you the first 15 pages of the 150 page book.   The posts are in chronological order, from my very first post all the way through this year.  Just the best ones (in my humble opinion). 

You can purchase it as a softcover book, a pdf download or an eBook.  

The softcover price may seem high, but I'm not making very much money on it. I guess that's just what it costs to produce a COLOR softcover book independently.  Did you notice it has COLOR pictures?  

I would love if it some of you would purchase the actual book, and it could, like, sit on your bookshelf looking cool. And you could also, you know, read itAnd you could have friends over and point to it and say, "See that book?  Yeah. Friend of mine."  

Because if you've been reading this blog for a while - if you've hung in there through the stories of my drinking and recovery, the loss of my Dad, my cancer journey and the everyday trials and joys of life, you are my friend.


Profits from the book sales are going towards funding my dual heart projects:  Crying Out Now and The Bubble Hour.  I know those sites are making a difference, and I want to keep building them, getting the word out to more people, but I've reached the limits of what I can afford to do on my own.

Besides, it's a GREAT gift idea.  If I do say so myself.  

The title is a play on words - do you get it?  Let Me Get This Straight?  (Straight as in not drunk..) It's a lyric from a song by Griffin House called Ordinary Day, and when I heard the song five years ago when I was newly sober and struggling, I thought: I'm going to name a book that, some day. 

And now I have.


The eBook and pdf versions are only $9.99, so if you don't thirty-two dollars love me (for the softcover ... but did I mention it's really cool?) you can order the electronic copies and enjoy them on your PC (pdf version) or Mac product (eBook version).

Click "play" below for a preview, and then on the links below to go to my online bookstore to purchase whichever version you'd like. 

And, as always, if you could help me spread the word I would appreciate it SO MUCH.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you Ellie!!! You have a lot to be proud of and this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats to you, Ellie! Publishing your first book feels great! :D What a great idea to do a "best of" compilation. And I looove that it's "Volume 1" - it promises more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first book! I've done several projects on blurb and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great. You write so well - I was hoping you would be motivated to put together a book and you've done it! Congratulations - I know you will continue to inspire and encourage both through your words in book form and using the proceeds in the way you've chosen. I, too, like Judy, like the idea of "Volume 1." More to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS... OK...I decided I thirty two dollars loved you, but then I was faced with having to decide if I thirty two dollars PLUS shipping loved you... I decided that since I can share it with a client and write it off as a business expense, I will even love you that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Steve I'm laughing so hard. I've never been $32 + shipping & handling" loved before. I feels pretty good!

      In all seriousness, thank you VERY much. I hope the book doesn't disappoint, and the proceeds are going towards funding some very good causes close to my heart. Thank you for being a constant cheerleader and supporter. Now why don't you go write a book or something so I can return the favor? -xoxo

      Delete
  6. That's great, Ellie. So glad I'll be able to give you a place in my library. I'll have you sit between Kant's Groundwork of the metaphysics of morals and Woody Allen's Mere Anarchy. ;) You're doing amazing things! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful. Gld you did this,Ellie. So very glad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!! I'll check it out. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete