Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Thank You - And A Way To Get Free Jewelry

For me, creating jewelry is more than a way to make a little money on the side, pay for Finn's school, or a hobby. It's a passion that sustains me; it fuels my creative and entrepreneurial spirit. Before sobriety, I never had a hobby, or a passion, and the only entrepreneurial spirit I possessed was being really good at climbing the corporate ladder.

Making jewelry is an unexpected gift, and I'm so very grateful. Creating pieces for people in recovery, or people who are going through some private struggle and need a little something to give them strength, is one way I try to spread a little light and love in the world.

Most of the business at my Etsy shop, Shining Stones, comes from referrals, either through the blog or from friends.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who help to spread the word about my jewelry. It's really starting to go somewhere, and I'm excited. What started as a way to keep the wolf away from the door in early sobriety has blossomed into something bigger - more substantial and meaningful - than I ever could have hoped for.

In the spirit of saying thank you, I'm running a special in October and November.

I want to offer something to those of you who will be purchasing jewelry as gifts this year (or a little treat for yourself, perhaps?).     December can get a little crazy, so I wanted to run a special in October and November to provide a little incentive to get a jump on your holiday shopping (OH how ironic this is, coming from the world's biggest procrastinator).

Starting now, and running through the end of November, if you purchase two or more items from Shining Stones, you can pick out any ring or pair of earrings for FREE. 

So if you've had your eye on something but haven't bought it yet -- and you need to be doing some holiday shopping anyway -- now is the perfect time to get that little something for yourself, too.

To redeem this offer, simply place your order like you normally would at Shining Stones - be sure to include the ring or earrings you would like as a free gift in your order - and then in the message to seller at checkout, please put the following promotional code:  BLOGSPECIAL11.   Click on "Other" as method of payment, and you will get a message saying "Contact Seller to Arrange Payment".   You can ignore this -- I will be in touch with you to direct bill you over paypal, check or money order, less the amount for your free item.       Remember - if you're ordering ring(s) to please put the size(s) you need in the message to seller as well.

If you're looking for more ways to save money, and get more free stuff, you can subscribe to my Newsletter (there is a BIG discount offered through November).   Simply add your email into the widget in the lower right-hand corner of my blog (the one that says 'Subscribe to Shining Stones' Newsletter').  I promise your email is NEVER shared with any third parties, and I only send out newsletters every 4-6 weeks, unless I have a special promotion or sale to announce.   Once you have added your email I will forward the most recent newsletter to you and you can see how to save even MORE.

And now - some NEW ITEMS!   These are just a few examples of some new pieces:














Thank you again to all you faithful readers, customers and friends who add so much to my life.   

I treasure all of you.  Truly.

15 comments:

  1. I love that tree necklace... you're coming up with some amazing pieces! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those new items are your most gorgeous pieces yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie! You have outdone yourself. The teaberry tree necklace is to die for. I'm putting that on my christmas list right now!
    And thanks for the sweet deal on for us readers! Hope I can cash in on that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning! I love your art! I can't believe you have the heart to give them away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pieces, and you know that I understand and completely relate to exactly what you're talking about in this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. People are already taking advantage of the special! It makes me so happy!

    And yes, Recovery Girl - I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. For anyone who wants truly stunning recovery jewelry check out her shop - just follow the link in her comment name. Seriously - it's GORGEOUS.

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ... I love your blog and I've just been exploring your Etsy shop. I've forwarded the link to my husband as a not-so-subtle hint as to what I'd like for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet offer!! =)
    I especially love that new tree necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the teaberry tree necklace. Merry Christmas to me?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH!! New stuff for me to FAVORITE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the teaberry tree and the infinity designs. You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This new wave of creativity has wrought some gorgeous jewelry. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the teaberry tree and the infinity designs. You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pieces, and you know that I understand and completely relate to exactly what you're talking about in this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a sweet offer!! =)
    I especially love that new tree necklace.

    ReplyDelete