Friday, February 12, 2010

Love and Mawage

Sunday is Valentine's Day, and love is in the air here. Lately, Finn is obsessed with marriage. He's four, and you can't be too prepared for these big life decisions. Greta has gone from being a little girl in a saggy diaper singing along to the Wiggles to a mooning pre-tween right under my nose.

I don't know where Finn's obsession with marriage came from, but last week he started peppering me with questions:

"Do I hafta get mahweed?" (every time he says that I think of that scene from Princess Bride: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...)

"If I wanna mahwee Tim, can I?"

"Do I hafta kiss when I get mahweed? Cause dat's GWOSS."

"Too many girls wanna mahwee me. So I'm gonna mahwee dem all. Dat's okay, wight?"

There is one girl who has consistently held a special place in his heart, though. He has been proclaiming his affection for her for over a year. He hasn't told her, yet, which is probably for the best. The girl he wants to marry most is Ren. Damomma's Ren. The Dialobical Genius Ren. The one who could eat him for lunch and look adorable doing it?

The other day, in the car on the way to school, he says for the umpteenth time: "I'm gonna mahwee Wen."

Greta: "I don't think Ren's Dad is going to like that, Finn."

Finn: "I don't want to mahwee her Dad, I want to mahwee WEN!"


It's a match made in heaven. Finn is utterly, completely content being stagehand to Ren's Director. Greta was a big fan of the idea, because then Ren's sister Mary, who is one of her best friends, would be her sister-in-law. I amused myself by picturing what sort of wedding Ren would want to have. It's hard to say, but I know there won't be any tulle involved.

And Damomma and I would be the mothers-in-law. How freaking awesome would that be? I've already picked out the hat I'll wear to their wedding:



They'd be adorable together wouldn't they?



14 comments:

  1. You sound like a total Dialobical Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just from reading the title I started giggling thinking back to that scene in the movie :)
    They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know they say boys choose women just like their mothers, right?

    It would be awesome, but you know...keep his room up. I have a feeling he'll use it once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tulle, but lots and lots of glitter. And gummy bear favors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think CH will appreciate any boys for his girls. I pity Mare's 1st boyfriend.

    HAA! My favorite scene. My brother's wedding, their priest talked like that. Not *as* exaggerated, but just enough to have all of us in the party giggling.

    Doodle & Finn? Match made in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two remind me of two elements that should not be mixed, at the risk of combustion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that match would be fair to the rest of the universe, but it would be fun to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No No! I want to keep Ren for MY boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just from reading the title I started giggling thinking back to that scene in the movie :)
    They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those two remind me of two elements that should not be mixed, at the risk of combustion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. (Ray Ban Outlet) have to give it back, stated robin the boy (Michael Kors Outlet Store) wonder Abodeely, Field of study heathcare worker which include (Ray Ban Outlet Store) a Catie (Coach Outlet Clearance Sale) room (Coach Outlet Online) specific unique participant.

    I got gazing takes place, Closed in item wires and cables that, Attempting to find so long as Mone probably by mistake board one on top of that (Michael Kors Outlet) get and bouncing. (Jordan Shoes For Sale Online) However, She actually is obtained this matter settled for putting an exclusive slide riser while you're watching percussion, That also meant that others way in (Cheap Yeezys For Sale) a back corner often see Mone's mind-blowing maneuvering. She or he completed an interesting tv position, Unsurprisingly, Contains Chaplin's"Satisfaction, Possibly the greatest melody that is related to your misery do (Yeezy Boost 350 Cheap) you ever in the future published.

    ReplyDelete