Friday, February 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday - Heavy on the Potty Mouth


I saw '7 Quick Takes' at The Mom Job ; it is an idea hosted by The Conversion Diary . All you bloggers out there can click here to go to the Conversion Diary and do your own! So here goes:

~1~

Finn is getting creative about ways to avoid going to school. Monday I heard him moaning in the next room, saying "Momma, I can't go to school. I willy sick. I got da spots." I came around the corner to find this:


Yes, that is permanent marker. And it's on the other side of his face, too. My little Einstein.

~2~

Greta said she wanted to draw a picture of me the other day. She said she was going to draw me, on a mountain top, with snow falling all around. She forgot to mention that she would be including one other little detail: what I am apparently thinking about when I'm standing on this mountain:



~3~

After a week of sickness, I ended up with the world's largest cold sore on my lip. Seriously, it's big. It has been kind of amusing to talk to people this week and watch them studiously avoid trying to stare at it. Last night I was lecturing Greta about one thing or another, when she put her hand up, and said "Stop, Mom. I just can't take you seriously with that THING on your face."

~4~

Parenting question I couldn't answer #435, from Greta: "Mom, who decides which words are bad words? Can I make up my own bad word and say it when I'm mad? Like, why can't 'glap' be a bad word?"

~5~

Sunday after church Greta is giggling to herself. I ask her why, and she says "Sometimes? When I'm in church? And it's quiet? I want to yell out "pooooooooop!"

~6~

Me to Greta: "Sometimes? When I'm in church? And it's quiet? I want to do that, too..."

~7~

It is 10pm, and I poke my head in the kids' room to check on them before heading to bed. Greta is wide awake, staring at the ceiling. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Can't sleep?" She looks at me and rolls her eyes. "No, I can't," she says. "It feels like my brain is doing the Cha-Cha."


It makes me so glapping mad when that happens to me.

6 comments:

  1. LOL...about two weeks ago my K & 1st grade class at our church did a project where they looked at pictures of children who were obviously from a different part of the world for one reason or another, and we filled out questionaires about whet they thought life was like for those kids. Every single kid in the class...every one...when asked what he thought his kid was doing right now in China, or Russia, or wherever they picked, they all said the kid was pooping. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are too funny. Your son looks pretty proud of the spots on his face LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how kids think about poop so often? I love that Greta has such a cute sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you and I had the same week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...doing the cha cha" That is so funny. Now I have a new thing to tell the committee in my head. I can tell them to stop dancing dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how kids think about poop so often? I love that Greta has such a cute sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete