Monday, July 11, 2011

Doppelganger

I've gone quiet, and I have gotten lots of emails from people asking if I'm okay.  Thank you for checking in; I will never cease to be in awe of the power of the connections I've made through this blog.

I am okay. I'm doing better than last week, and each day brings a little more healing, a little more perspective.  I haven't been posting because I don't have much to say, and writing about smaller, everyday things feels odd to me. 

I keep waiting to want to post about something else: family, recovery, life. There is certainly a lot to say. But just like there are moments where I can't understand how the world just keeps on going without my Dad in it, I have a hard time finding the right time to switch gears, stop writing about grief and loss when those two things are dominating my world at the moment. 

Not writing about it feels like saying good-bye, and I don't want to say good-bye, even though I know I have to.

So I will start with something small.  A silly thing. 

Who is who?  One is me at eight years old, and the other is Greta, yesterday:




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful just like her mommma! But no mistaking your special, one of a kind smile!!!
    You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow!!!

    This is amazing. Wow. So sweet.

    Huge hugs to you my friend. Can't wait to see you at BlogHer and hug you for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie, love your writing, I enjoy every blog so much! Greta, I am sure, who not only looks like you, has to be as sweet as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would still read if you wrote about grief and loss for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those pictures are amazing.

    and listen friend, take all the time you need. We are hear. To listen to it all. Happy, sad, high, and low.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of you as a child and your profile photo - Your head is tilted the same and the eyes and smile are the same.
    Don't worry about writing about your grief as many of us have been where you are now. You get through and this blog may help you get through it stronger and sooner.

    ReplyDelete