Friday, October 23, 2009

Update

I haven't posted in a while - it has been a busy week. There is an important Oprah Winfrey Show on alcoholism coming up this Tuesday, October 27th - specifically the Diane Schuler tragedy, mothers who drink in secret and how addiction affects them and their families. My husband and I were able to be part of the show, and if you want to learn more about this, please watch. Edited to add: this show covers material that may not be appropriate for younger children.

On a completely different note - thank you to everyone who is entering the giveaway - I am keeping track of everyone and putting your names in the hat. The Contact Me widget isn't working (I hope to fix it soon), so please enter through the comment section on the post. I usually try to respond to everyone personally, but I haven't been able to this week. Thanks to all who are entering, and my daughter will pick the winner on the 30th!

-Ellie

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap...you are gonna be on Oprah??? That's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll tape Oprah. Can't wait to see you. Thanks for posting, I was wondering if you were stuck under heavy furniture and couldn't get to your laptop to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your spot on the Oprah Winfrey show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to be a part of something that could change many lives! I'm looking forward to watching on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete